Friday 18 January 2013

Feeling nearly famous :)

As I write this blog it's actually just over 2 weeks till myself & Amanda fly out to the Ocean floor race.
A couple of days ago we were lucky to have been sent a picture from Fat Feet the race organisers showing us our pitched tent accommodation in the desert & this for me is building to the excitement of this epic adventure.

So what have we been doing since my last blog ?? well where do I start??

Last week we were lucky enough to be interviewed by Ian Corless for Talk Ultra's podcast 15 mins of fame slot.We were both pretty nervous about this & we didn't know what to expect as none of us were together & the interview was done via a 3 way phone call. ( first time I have ever had one of those )
I really can't believe how smooth the interview went & Ian was a great host, A massive thank you to Ian for giving us the opportunity to be on his show.  We also have a slot when we return from the desert so please keep following for more details.

Please check out the podcast by clicking here. our interview is 1hour 52mins into it, I do recommend listening to it all as its a great show.


Training has been going great, even in the cold weather.  I have been adding some extra treadmill runs into my training in the garage with heaters on full blast to get used to running in hot conditions ( much to the amusement of everyone I tell)
Also last weekend we had Amanda & Karl up at ours for a weekend of training, planning & GPS training.  I was really looking forward to this & was disappointed as our training went really well!! Planning was done down to a tee thanks to Amanda's spreadsheets & everything is now on track for the desert.

Which leaves us with GPS training!!
I defiantly speak for both of us when I say that we have not been the best at using a GPS in the past & we have muddled through it. But obviously with us having to run 160 miles across a desert using only GPS we needed to learn fast!!!!
A massive thanks to my hubby Ben for giving us both a crash course in setting them up on the morning of our training run & handing us 4 checkpoints to find & programme into our GPS units.
Then we were taken by our husbands & dropped on our run.

Sunday was a lovely sunny, but cold day & perfect for running across the beautiful countryside of Cannock Chase not to far away from where I live & Amanda was loving the terrain a bit different to what the southerners are used to !! lol !! I don't think Ben could of found us a hillier course but all the same we were enjoying it & our newly found GPS skills were put to the test.  Im pleased to say we had no problems at all, I said it was down to our newly acquired ninja skills but Ben reckons it was because he had taught us.
Pictures from our Sunday"s training session.






NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER & DETERMINATION OF A FEMALE NINJA

Just in case you are wondering what all the Ninja references & pictures are when we first started training & arranging this ocean floor race adventure, Amanda came up with the Ninja name's and its stuck ever since. Even our sponsor  t shirts have Ninja 1 & Ninja 2 on them .


Our New printed sponsor t shirts.
Im also pleased to announce that we have both been supplied with a Inov-8 race pac 25 and a massive thank you to www.inov-8.com for supplying these.  I look forward to trialling this over the weekend, although initial thoughts are I could probably do with hiring a camel to carry my kit at the desert as my pac is rather heavy!!


Please look out for my next blog at the weekend with details of a new 24hour race called The Joust 24hr which Myself & Amanda are helping to promote & organise in conjunction with Steven Worrallo at www.ultrarunningltd.co.uk/thejoust24hr.html


No comments:

Post a Comment